Essential Balance provides a calm and peaceful environment to support you in your healing journey.Acupuncture is one of our primary offerings at both the Yorkville and Vaughan locations, and we specialize in gentle needling to make your experience both comfortable and enjoyable. We don't rush your visits and take the time to listen to your needs and work in partnership with you to achieve your health goals.
What are the benefits of acupuncture?The benefits of acupuncture may include: pain relief, calming, restoring balance in the body, increasing organ and joint function, enhancing immune function, and improving motor function and mobility of all joints.
Did You Know?
Acupuncture treatments are covered by most health coverage plans!
How does Acupuncture work?When the body is internally balanced and in harmony with the external environment, Qi (energy) flows smoothly through the meridians (channels) to nourish the organs and tissues. If an obstruction occurs in one of the meridians, the Qi is disrupted and illness results.
Acupuncture points are the specific points on the meridians where the Qi is both concentrated and accessible. Acupuncture engages the Qi by inserting needles at these specific points, the goal being to restore the proper flow of Qi. As the body regains its natural balance, well-being returns.
The sterile, single-use needles used for acupuncture are solid and extremely thin, much thinner than those used for injections or blood drawing. Although the common perception is that acupuncture is painful, the sensation is similar to that of a mosquito bite, a small pinch, or nothing at all.
The following is a partial list of conditions, which may improve with acupuncture treatment
- Muscle tension headaches, shoulder pain, neck and back pain, sciatica
- Mobility problems; walking, walking up stairs, improved joint functions & range of motion
- Headaches and migraines
- Acute strains and sprains, including joints, neck and back
- Repetitive strain disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, plantar fasciitis)
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- High/low blood pressure
- Infertility, erectile dysfunction, premenstrual syndrome and menstrual disorders
- Asthma, breathing problems, and shortness of breath
- Symptoms associated with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Parkinson’s
- Mild depression, anxiety
- Bowel dysfunctions, including diarrhea and constipation
- Urinary function, urine retention, kidney stones, uric acid build-up
- Symptoms associated with menopause: hot flashes, excessive sweating, low energy
- Symptoms following chemotherapy and radiation treatments (nausea, fatigue, depression, lack of appetite); increases white blood cell count