What is Electroacupuncture?Acupuncture is the insertion of thin needles into lines of energy (meridians) in the body to stimulate the energy (chi) flowing in the meridians.
Electroacupuncture is a form of acupuncture, which also stimulates the chi. With Electroacupuncture, two wires are hooked up to two needles.
An electrical impulse flows between the two needles points, which stimulates the chi at both acupuncture points.
This enhances the treatment and health of the person over and above regular acupuncture.
Did You Know?
Electroacupuncture Toronto treatments are covered by most health coverage plans
Why use Electroacupuncture?Your chi (energy) is like your immune system. A vibrant chi means you have a strong immune balance and response, ensuring your body can heal itself.
When Electroacupuncture is used to further enhance the acupuncture treatment, the stimulation of the chi is even stronger.
The purpose of Electroacupuncture is to further increase the healing potential over standard acupuncture.
Electroacupuncture benefitsElectroacupuncture can be used for any condition for which acupuncture is effective, including:
- Weak digestion, Crohn’s, Celiac, constipation
- Headaches and migraines
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Menstrual issues, PCOS, thin endometrial lining
- Reducing the side effects of chemo and radiation
- Any condition for which standard acupuncture is used
How Electroacupuncture worksElectroacupuncture is an extra stimulation over and above regular acupuncture. Here's what happens in a typical electroacupuncture session:
- Needles are inserted in the required points along the meridians
- Electrodes are attached to selected needles
- The frequency of the Electroacupuncture is adjusted to a tolerable level
- The sensation is adjusted to a tolerable level for each client