Essential Balance offers cupping therapy to expedite healing for many health conditions.At Essential Balance, we will consult with you to recommend the best therapies aligned with your healing goals.
Cupping is one of the best deep-tissue therapies available, affecting tissues inches deep from the external skin. Toxins may be released, blockages may be cleared, and veins and arteries may be refreshed.
Eileen Fauster is certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and offers acupuncture & cupping therapy in Toronto, Vaughan, Woodbridge & the GTA.
Did You Know?
Cupping treatments in Toronto & the GTA are covered by most health coverage plans!
What is Cupping Therapy?Cupping therapy is an ancient Chinese form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin to enhance blood flow in order to promote healing.
Cupping is much like the inverse of massage - rather than applying pressure to muscles, it uses gentle pressure to pull them upward, creating a particularly relaxing and relieving sensation for the client.
Most clients come to us for cupping therapy in Vaughan to find toxin release, pain relief and relaxation.
See why Olympians like Michael Phelps love cupping
What are the benefits of cupping?The suction and negative pressure provided by cupping may loosen muscles, encourage blood flow & lymph circulation, and sedate the nervous system -- making it an excellent treatment for:
- High Blood Pressure
- Back And Neck Pains
- Stiff Muscles
- Anxiety / Depression
- Migraines / Headaches
- Lung Congestion From A Common Cold / Asthma
We offer the following types of Cupping:
- Regular cupping – cups using suction are placed on the skin
- Acupuncture under the cups – a combination of acupuncture and cupping for deeper effect
- Wet Cupping – small cuts are made in the skin followed by a cupping treatment; this pulls out the blood and helps with severe fever and other “excess heat” conditions
- Flash & Sliding cupping – using a flame and glass cups, cups are placed on the skin for quick release of tight muscles. The cups are moved along the skin with oil; or placed momentarily, then moved to a nearby location.