Essential Balance offers cupping therapy to expedite healing for many health conditions.At Essential Balance, we will consult with you to recommend the best therapies aligned with your healing goals.
Cupping is one of the best deep-tissue therapies available, affecting tissues inches deep from the external skin. Toxins may be released, blockages may be cleared, and veins and arteries may be refreshed.
Eileen Fauster is certified in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and offers acupuncture & cupping therapy in Toronto, Vaughan, Woodbridge & the GTA.
Did You Know?
Cupping therapy in Toronto & the GTA is covered by most health coverage plans!
What is Cupping Therapy?Cupping therapy is an ancient Chinese form of alternative medicine in which a local suction is created on the skin to enhance blood flow in order to promote healing.
Cupping is much like the inverse of massage - rather than applying pressure to muscles, it uses gentle pressure to pull them upward, creating a particularly relaxing and relieving sensation for the client.
Most clients come to us for cupping therapy in Vaughan to find toxin release, pain relief and relaxation.
See why Olympians like Michael Phelps love cupping
What are the benefits of cupping?The suction and negative pressure provided by cupping may loosen muscles, encourage blood flow & lymph circulation, and sedate the nervous system -- making it an excellent treatment for:
- High Blood Pressure
- Back And Neck Pains
- Stiff Muscles
- Anxiety / Depression
- Migraines / Headaches
- Lung Congestion From A Common Cold / Asthma
We offer the following types of Cupping:
- Regular Cupping Therapy – cups using suction are placed on the skin. Effective for muscle aches and mobility, headaches and migraines, insomnia, anxiety, general fatigue, cough, high blood pressure, and congestion from a cold/flu, and cellulite
- Acupuncture with Cupping – a combination of acupuncture and cupping. Recommended for a deeper effect and more powerful than regular cupping for all of the conditions listed under Regular Cupping.
- Wet Cupping – small cuts are made in the skin followed by a cupping treatment; this pulls out the blood in droplet amounts. Effective for those suffering severe fever and other heat conditions including anxiety, mood swings, busy mind, difficulty in focusing, constipation, difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, and vivid dreams.
- Fire Cupping – using a flame and glass cups, cups are placed on the skin for quick release of tight muscles. The cups are moved along the skin with oil; or placed momentarily, then moved to a nearby location. Effective for cellulite, stiff / tight muscles, and back pain
Eileen Fauster is a registered member in good standing with the CTCMPAO (College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncturists of Ontario) and offers Acupuncture and all types of cupping therapy services - serving Toronto, Etobicoke, North York, GTA, Woodbridge and Vaughan.